a. Introduction of E-filling of PARs for the Assessment Year 2014-15 for IAS officers through SPARROW Software.
The electronic online Annual Performance Appraisal Report (SPARROW) is an online system based on the comprehensive performance appraisal dossier that is maintained for each member of the service by the State Government and Central Government. The aim of the system is to introduce electronic filling of PAR by officers in a way that is not only user friendly but also allows to fill from anywhere anytime as per their convenience. Similar convenience will be available to the officers at different stages in the workflow hierarchy of filling and submission of process. The system is also expected to reduce delays in submission in completely filled PARs.
b. Development of E-PAR software by CMGI for E-filling of PARs for Group-A and Group-B officers of State.-
Govt has introduced online filing of PAR by Group-A and Group –B officers of the State from the assessment year 2014-15. CMGI, a society under General Administration Department has developed a software to roll out the new system with effect from 01.04.2015. In order to make the e-filing of PAR operational, each Group-A and Group-B officers of the State will be provided a Unique Identification Number through HRMS.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL REPORT (PAR-2014-15)
1. The G.A.(Special Establishment) Department maintains PAR of AIS Officers and all Group –A Officers of the state cadre and acts as the nodal Department for formulation of guidelines / instructions in this matter.
2. As a part of its mandated functions, the G.A.(S.E) Department monitors/reviews the PARs, communicates adverse remarks and examines the merits of representations received against adverse remarks from the officers concerned for their eventual disposal by competent authority. It also processes memorials, received against the rejection of such representations, for consideration of Hon’ble President of India. During the period PARs of 9134 of AIS officers and State Civil Service officers were reviewed and 28 of representations were disposed of.
3. G.A.(Special Establishment) Department is responsible for timely supply of PARs of Group-A Officers to enable various Departments to hold DPCs for promotion and sanction of Time Bound Advancement Scale / Assured Career Progression(ACP). During the year 2014, 161 of requisitions were received and ACRs/PARs of 4327 of officers were supplied to various Departments for the said purpose.
4. The AIS (PAR) Rules, 2007 has been implemented for assessment of the performance of All India Service Officers serving in the State. As per the new provisions, full Annual Performance Appraisal Report, including overall grade and assessment of integrity is being disclosed to the AIS officers to enable them to offer their comments/represent their cases. Referral Boards have been constituted for IAS/IPS/IFS Officers by the State Govt. to consider their representation, if any.
5. Property statements of All India Service Officers and officers in the rank of OAS-I (SB) and above are also maintained by the G.A (SE) Department. Computerization of the property returns has been done in order to ensure effective monitoring of collection and maintenance of PARs.
6. Issue of guidelines for maintenance of CCRs/PARs of all Group-A,B, & C Officers of the State and prescribing levels of assessment for smooth recording of ACRs/PARs of all Group-A&B Officers constitutes another area of activity of the G.A.(S.E) Department.
7. The G.A.(S.E.) Department has its own Website www.odisha.gov.in/ga/ccr.htm containing guidelines for writing PARs/CCRs of Group-A, Group-B & Group-C Officers, PAR forms for All India Service Officers and the PARs pending at their level for writing their remarks. It also indicates the status of their own PARs and names of officers with whom the same are pending. This helps the officer in clearing the PARs pending at his level and to pursue his own wanting PARs.