Shri Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister
The conditions imposed during allotment of land to Apollo Hospital for construction of Hospital by State Government are furnished at Annexure – ‘A’ and the control of State Government over the Hospital is furnished at Annexure – ‘B’.
Conditions imposed during allotment of land to Apollo Hospital for construction of Hospital by State Government
- The lessee shall hold and use the demised land only for commercial purpose and for no other purpose without previous sanction of lessor (State Government)
- That the lessee shall during the term pay to the lessor (State Government) the annual rent reserved on the days and in the manner and at places to be fixed by the lessor (State Government) for this purpose from time to time.
- That the lessee shall during the term pay to the lessor (State Government) all rates, taxes and charges of every description payable in respect of the demised premises or buildings to be erected thereupon whether the same to be payable by Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
- That the hospital shall at his own expenses and with the previous permission in writing of the lessor erect upon the land leased in a substantial and workman like manner with new and sound materials and to the satisfaction of the lessor or his authorised representative, structures for use as commercial holdings with all requisite and proper walls, sewers, drains and other conveniences as shall be approved by the lessor or his authorised representative and shall complete the same in all respects fit for the aforesaid purpose within 36 months from the date hereof or within such further time, if any, as the lessor may allow.
- That he shall not erect or build or permit to be erected or build on demised premises any building other than that specified in a plan approved by the lessor nor make an addition to any existing building or structures at any time except with the written approval of the lessor.
- That he shall conform to all rules, regulations and by-laws of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation, Bhubaneswar or such other local authority for the area as may hereafter be constituted relating to roads, buildings, public health, safety, convenience and sanitation which may for the time being be enforced.
- That he shall make all sanitary and conservancy arrangements for the labour employed on the said land and shall pay the local authority expenses, if any, incurred on his account by the said authority for making such arrangements on his behalf.
Control of State Government over the Hospital
- Whenever there is any breach of conditions mentioned above by the lessee, the lessor (State Government) may re-enter on the demised premises and determine the lease in which case the lessor (State Government) may by notice, in writing require the lessee to remove within a reasonable time any building or structures which may have been commenced and not completed or the materials which may have been collected on the lease land, and if he fails to comply with such notice the lessor (State Government) after giving a further notice in writing specifying a time not less than three months from the date of service of the notice within which such buildings or materials shall be removed, may cause such removal to be effected and recover the cost thereof from him.
- In the event of any material breach of any provision of the lease deed, the tenancy thereby created shall be determinable at the option of the lessor (State Government).